25 Important Discoveries about Multisite
Leadership Network released a new report about the growing multisite movement is now availablethe Leadership Network/Generis Multisite Church Scorecard, with subtitle Faster Growth, More New Believers and Greater Lay Participation.
Key discoveries in the report include:
1. An impressive 85% of surveyed multisite churches are growingand at the strong rate of 14% per year.
2. Churches typically go multisite in the 1,000 size range, though almost half say they could have become multisite at a smaller size.
3. Campus viability starts at 75-350 people, depending on your model.
4. The typical multisite church is just 4 years into the process, and 57% plan to launch an additional campus in the next 12 months.
5. One in three (37%) multisite churches started a new campus as the result of a merger.
6. The vast majority (88%) of churches report that going multisite increased the role of lay participation.
7. The vast majority (87%) of campus pastors are found internallytrained and hired from within the church.
8. Multisite campuses grow far more than church plants, and likewise multisite campuses have a greater evangelistic impact than church plants.
9. Nearly half (48%) of multisite churches directly sponsor new churches.
10. The recommended distance between campuses is a travel time of 15-30 minutes.
11. In rating what campuses do well, spiritual growth and volunteering are near the top, and newer campuses do better at reaching the unchurched.
To download the entire report, visit http://leadnet.org/available-now-the-leadership-networkgeneris-multisite-church-scorecard/