Leadership Network’s recent survey of multi-site churches revealed intriguing outcomes which could be an encouragement to many churches considering expanding.
- 85% of surveyed multisite churches are growingand at the strong rate of 14% per year.
- Churches typically go multisite in the 1,000 size range, though almost half say they could have become multisite at a smaller size.
- Campus viability starts at 75-350 people, depending on the model.
- The typical multisite church is just 4 years into the process, and 57% plan to launch an additional campus in the next 12 months.
- One in three (37%) churches started a multisite campus as the result of a merger.
- 88% of churches report that going multisite increased the role of lay participation.
- 87% of campus pastors are found internallytrained and hired from within the church.
- Multisite campuses grow far more than church plants, and likewise multisite campuses have a greater evangelistic impact than church plants.
- 48% of multisite churches directly sponsor new churches.
- The recommended distance between campuses is a travel time of 15-30 minutes.
Download this report from Leadership Network at www. leadnet.org.