With WFX Conference and Expo coming up this September 17-19 in Orlando, Florida we asked Beth Vinton, WFX Conference and Show Manager to let us in on what’s happening for this annual event, now in its 14th year.
What is at the heart of WFX?
Vinton: WFX wants to inspire church communities to fulfill their calling, as we together embrace the Great Commission Calling. The Great Commission is one of the most significant passages in the Bible. First, it's the last recorded personal instruction given by Jesus to His disciples. Second, it’s his assignment to us all - It’s our calling. The one we ALL share together.
What would a church leader gain by attending WFX Conference & Expo 2019?
Vinton: WFX Conference & Expo has been a long-time supporter of the house of worship market, since 2005 to be exact, and is the only training and expo event that serves the needs of the entire church team. It’s where everyone can get the individualized training they need, while benefiting from a team-building experience that training together as a team offers. Statistically, teams that train together move forward faster.
We work with architects, engineers, contractors, consultants and others that design and renovate sacred spaces and the systems that go into them. At our event you will learn from the best church specifiers in the country. We are committed to connecting our WFX community with the knowledge, ideas and resources that will maximize the impact of every dollar spent.
How has WFX changed over the years, from 2005 to present?
Vinton: In the 21st century, church methodology, technology, and the internet have become a means to reach our mission field. The places and people who need to hear the Gospel are everywhere! It is our responsibility to reach them, through any, and all means necessary.
Where is WFX headed in terms of direction, and what is new this year for attendees?
Vinton: WFX has expanded our media partnerships this year to include Church Production, Church.Design, Church Executive Magazine, rAVe pubs, and Technologies for Worship. We’re also continuing to strengthen our partnerships with likeminded organizations. This year we will again offer CEU credits towards The Church Network’s accreditation program for those working towards their CCA Certification. WFX is honored to be a part of such dedicated and passionate groups that strengthen those who make up The Church. I often say, we are better together, and it couldn’t be truer then when
We bind our efforts together with these partners who are determined to support and serve Church communities all over the world.
WFX19 is making a concerted effort to support the senior leadership of today’s church by creating the VIP program. VIPs (Very Important Pastors) receive free registration, show floor tours, access to the pastors’ lounge, breakfast and lunch, leadership essentials track, and personal outreach to help customize their WFX experience. This is our way of giving back, while helping senior leadership make informed decisions when it comes to purchasing. One of the most common feedback statements we receive is that, “Being at WFX saved us so much money!”
A tour of Mosaic Church in Winter Garden is one of the highlighted special events this year. Along with gear and facilities sponsors, Mosaic staff will guide small group tours through the church and tell the story of how God created beauty from ashes, or actually from mold and mildew. See details and video of church (click on video, and select full screen).
What makes WFX Conference & Expo unique?
Vinton: WFX is community.
WFX is family. It's the place where you will find relationships, peer-to-peer learning, lists of how-to’s and hear about the hard knock lessons learned by others. There are hundreds of solutions found on the expo floor, hands-on training in the Sponsored Training and Product Demo Rooms, five tracks with more than 100 sessions, lots of networking and fellowship opportunities, and a whole lot of fun. In short, WFX is the most affordable way to build up your team’s skills, know-how and spirit.
WFX19 New Networking, Special Features, Education & Training:
· Church Tour at Mosaic Church, Tues., Sept 17
· 10 Pre-Conference Intensives on Tues., Sept 17 including: https://www.wfxevents.com/en/conferences/session-at-a-glance.html “Beyond the Google Search - How to Source and Buy Solutions for Your Church”
· Expanded Expo Hall where you will find products and solutions, breakfast & lunch café, education pavilions and our media partners
· Nine Sponsored Training and Product Demo training rooms
· Guided tours on the exhibit floor
· Entertainment, book signings, and micro-burst sessions at The Spark
· FREE VIP (Very Important Pastors) registration, along with booth tours, pastors lounge, breakfast and lunch, leadership essentials track, and personal outreach to help customize pastors’ WFX experience
· Leadership Essentials Track - Specially curated conference content for church leaders for pastors
· Current trends and new ideas related to Facility Management from energy efficiency to systems maintenance to safety and security and emergency management
· Security & Safety sessions that address today’s urgent need for pro-active assessment and implementation
· Worship and Keynote session with Renaut van der Riet, Lead Pastor of Mosaic Church - Tues., Sept 17, 6:30PM
· Fellowship Hors d’oeuvre reception - Wed., Sept 18, 4:30-6:00PM
· Night of worship with People’s & Songs - Wed., Sept 18, 6:15PM
· Worship and Keynote session with Phil Cooke - Thurs., Sept 19, 12:00PM
Texas loves WFX so we are looking forward to being in San Antonio next year, Sept 15-17. Registration for next year will be open at this year’s event with special pricing for all 2019 attendees.