Epson introduces the PowerLite 1716, the latest addition to its PowerLite 1700-series mobile projector line. Priced at $999 (estimated street price), the PowerLite 1716 is a sub-four pound multimedia projector that offers a range of ease of use capabilities, XGA resolution and 2,700 lumens color light output and white light output2 for rich, colorful and true-to-life images in virtually any setting.
The PowerLite 1716 projector offers an advanced feature set for easy set up and operation, including USB Plug ‘n Play that displays images and audio on both your computer and projector screen by connecting a USB cable. In addition, the PowerLite 1716 offers increased flexibility with optional wireless add-ons for advanced, quick control and connectivity.
“It can be a challenge to have presentations look as good on the road, and be as easy to set up, as they are in the office,” says Heather Gareis, senior product manager, Epson Projection, Epson America. “This projector delivers the ultimate combination of ease of use, brightness, vivid color, robust features, and portability for conference rooms, classrooms, or on-the-road, while still offering an affordable price point in order to meet today’s bottom lines.”
The Epson PowerLite 1716 offers several advanced features that enable professionals to deliver high-quality multimedia presentations whether in a conference room or on-the-road. Highlights include:
- USB Plug ‘n Play: Epson’s proprietary technology instantly projects images from a Windows® PC via a USB connection, allowing for easier set up and eliminating the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- Optional Wireless Networking: Offers quick and easy set up with EasyMP wireless module, delivering monitoring and control, virtual remote control, closed captioning, and presentation via IP network capabilities, for a variety of presentation and audience needs
- Optional Quick-Connect Wireless USB key: Provides easy plug and play wireless presentations by simply inserting the USB Key into the projector (first time setup only) and then into the notebook; the USB Key automatically reconfigures the notebook’s network settings and wirelessly connects to the projector for instantaneous use and can be shared between computers for multiple presenters
- PC-Free Presentations: Offers convenient connectivity with USB memory devices such as a thumb drive for easily viewing and sharing pictures without a computer.
- Instant On/Off: Enables presenters to be up and running in only six seconds between pressing the “Power” button and the appearance of the start-up screen; powers down in four seconds enabling presenters to unplug and pack up immediately and safely without a cool-down period
- Sleek, Lightweight and Travel Friendly: Weighs under four pounds and includes a soft carrying case and remote control; state-of-the-art black design for the road warrior
- Epson 3LCD Technology: Features Epson’s latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations
- E-TORL Technology: In general, Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, when combined with 3LCD technology, has been shown to offer more lumens (brightness) per watt than many competitive models offering similar lumens specification; in addition, with the PowerLite 1716 specifically, E-TORL lamp life can last up to 4,000 hours3 in economy mode
- Positioning Flexibility: Requires a shorter throw distance allowing for the projection of larger images in smaller rooms; a 60” image can be projected from a distance of approximately four feet
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 1716 will be available in October 2009 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange typically in one business day. For additional information about the new PowerLite 1716, visit www.epson.com.