Worship Facilities Conference & Expo (WFX) announces WFX Atlanta 2010 drew 3,192 members of the house of worship community. The event took place November 3-5 at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta, Georgia, and was presented by Church Production and Worship Facilities Magazines, and sponsored by Christianity Today International. WFX (www.wfxweb.com) is where church leadership teams connect with tools and technology to create meaningful spaces and powerful worship experiences.
“WFX Atlanta 2010 exceeded our expectations at all levels,” says Jim Wagner, General Manager of EH Events. “The event attendance grew by nearly 30% and exhibitors brought forward exciting and creative displays of product and services above and beyond what they did in 2009. This year’s event had excitement, energy, and a renewed sense of purpose and focus across the board. We are proud that the enhancements and improvements to the event were evident to attendees and exhibitors alike.”
WFX Atlanta 2010 offers specialized educational training for every member of the church team, from Pastors to Technical Directors to Volunteers.
• WFX Atlanta featured compelling keynote presentations to all attendees. Ed Stetzer, Director of Lifeway Research, shared how church leaders can help move people from being passive spectators to active participants in the mission of God in his keynote, “Missional Ministry in a Spectator World,” on November 3. The following day, Shaun King, Pastor of the Courageous Church, shared his personal experiences as to why the power of the Internet cannot be ignored in his keynote, “10 Ways Social Media Can Grow Your Church Deeper, Larger and Wider.”
• New for WFX Atlanta 2010, WFX LIVE provided live, streaming video broadcasts of the WFX keynote presentations and ten conference sessions held at the Broadcast Stage on the Expo Floor. WFX LIVE drew more than 600 attendees, with viewers from Canada to Korea, online at www.wfxweb.com.
• The Tech Directors Retreat, a one-day pre-show conference which ran on November 2, doubled in size this year. Over 100 technical directors learned from panel discussions, roundtable discussions, and breakout discussions led by experience tech directors addressing their most pressing concerns.
• The Pastors Experience provided pastors with dedicated, intimate time to engage with WFX Keynote Presenters Ed Stetzer, Director of LifeWay Research, and Shaun King, Pastor of The Courageous Church, during two Pastors Luncheons on November 3 and 4.
• Expanded to over 40 sessions for 2010, Hands-On Training Sessions quickly sold out. These interactive sessions gave attendees the opportunity to get up-close-and-personal with the latest audio, video and lighting technologies from industry experts, as well as seasoned church staff, who have mastered the gear.
• The WFX Expo Floor was packed both days as attendees were drawn to nearly 200 exhibitors showcasing the latest products and technologies in the house of worship market. The Broadcast Stage and Solution Zone Training pavilion also provided attendees with a unique learning experience directly on the Expo Floor.
• Exclusive, behind-the-scenes church tours of two dynamic Atlanta-area churches – First Baptist Church of Woodstock and Mount Paran Church – gave attendees a unique look into how they make things work and the pitfalls they have learned to avoid.
• Attendees, speakers, and exhibitors alike kicked back and enjoyed the Reality ’10 worship concert, presented by Audio Ethics. Earl Bynum & the Unit Choir from The Mount (Chesapeake, Virginia), a fan favorite from WFX Charlotte 2009, returned to WFX for an inspiring gospel performance. Headlining band Echoing Angels then took the stage to rock the house.
In addition, a cash donation of $3,000 will be made to the NSPIRE Outreach Program by WFX. NSPIRE is an outreach program working with homeless men and women to support them in cultivating the skills and tools necessary to leave the streets behind for good. WFX also sponsored two participants from Soundz Academy, a professional audio/video certification program within the NSPIRE program, to attend the event.
The next Worship Facilities Conference & Expo will take place in Dallas, Texas, November 9-11, 2011.
Companies interested in participating in WFX events should contact Laura McDermott, 508-663-1500 x 267 or email@example.com.
Media registration is open to credentialed members of the media. Please contact Jessica Camerato at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-663-1550 x296.