Energy costs are sky-rocketing, with no break in sight. Are you prepared to make the most efficient use of your facility’s energy consumption and see real cost savings? Learn how to implement money- and energy-saving strategies in a free one-hour webinar hosted by Jerry Lawson, national manager of the ENERGY STAR Congregations Network in Washington, D.C.
There are more than 300,000 houses of worship in the United States. The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that if each church cut energy usage by just 10% some of the benefits would include ...
* Nearly $200 million would be saved for missions and other priorities
* More than 5.4 billion kWh of electricity would be available without additional cost or pollution
* More than 2 million tons of greenhouse gas emissions would be prevented—equivalent to the emissions of about 400,000 cars
If you want to learn how your church can become a strong environmental steward and part of the energy- and money-savings solution, register today, for Worship Facilities Magazine’s webinar entitled, “Successful Cost-Saving Strategies for Churches: Managing Fuel and Utility Costs” on July 1, 2008.
Learn some quick adjustments your church can make right now to start saving on energy costs and consumption ...
* Switching out standard incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescents will mean a 75% reduction in energy used per bulb
* Sealing holes and leaks by caulking or weather stripping can save the equivalent of leaving a door open 24 hours a day
* Find out how you can save money on gasoline expenses for church vans and buses
In addition, hear firsthand how three 2007 ENERGY STAR Congregations Awards winners implemented energy saving plans and their outcomes. For example, Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, Texas, has nearly 1 million square feet of space. In 2006, the church’s rising utility costs exceeded $2 million. In an effort to save money and natural resources beginning in 2006, Prestonwood has saved nearly $750,000 in energy and more than $1 million in total utilities expenditures.
Your church, too, no matter how small or large, can benefit from implementing energy-saving strategies today. Don’t miss the opportunity to learn how. Register today at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/571314246 .