The National Association of Evangelicals NAE, believes caring for God’s creation isn’t just a good idea, it is a biblical mandate. To spread that message the NAE is sponsoring a Creation Care Video Contest for high school and college students.
So, do you believe the Bible calls us to care for creation? Are you or someone you know working to take care of the environment? Do you have thoughts about God’s creation that you would like to share? Submit a video about creation care that touches on these questions, for a chance to win up to $500.
Some ideas to get started
• Conserving our resources
• Reducing energy usage
• Improving energy efficiency
• Generating renewable energy
• Promoting humane treatment of animals
• Cleaning up the air, water, and landscape, and making changes that will prevent or reduce pollution
• Encouraging enjoyment, understanding and appreciation of God’s creation
• Creatively supporting good public policies on environmental stewardship
• Preserving famland and wilderness areas
• Promoting healthy and diverse food supply
• Protecting endangered species
Best High School Video: $500
Second Best High School Video: $350
Third Best High School Video: $150
Contest runs from July 15 to Aug. 30.
Best College Video: $500
Second Best College Video: $350
Third Best College Video: $150
Contest runs from Sept. 15 to Oct. 30.
Submit a Video
1. Create a YouTube login at YouTube.com.
2. Search for the NAE Channel (theNAEvideos).
3. Send the NAE Channel a message through YouTube containing your video. Also include your name/group name, phone number, email address, and group members’ ages and dates of birth.
4. Videos for the high school contest can be submitted to the NAE YouTube Channel from July 15 to Aug. 30. Videos for the college contest can be submitted to the NAE YouTube Channel from Sept. 15 to Oct. 30. Videos will not be accepted outside of those time brackets.
5. The NAE will notify you or your group of the results by email.
Criteria for Judging
1. Creativity, design of video and style
2. Originality of approach and biblical message
3. Clear understanding of concepts
• All high school students or youth group members must be at least 13 years old.
• Parental consent must be given if under age 18.
• Video must be about creation care and should include a biblical basis for stewarding God’s creation. The video could include a current project, future project idea, or a creative representation of “creation care” ideas or challenges.
• Video should be at least 30 seconds, but under 3 minutes.
• Inappropriate content will not be allowed.
• Videos for the high school contest can be submitted to the NAE YouTube Channel from July 15 to Aug. 30. Videos for the college contest can be submitted to the NAE YouTube Channel from Sept. 15 to Oct. 30. Videos will not be accepted outside of those time brackets.
Any questions? Email the NAE office at firstname.lastname@example.org.