Originally dedicated in June of 1958, Memorial Lutheran Church and School located at the prominent corner of Westheimer Road and Bering Street in Houston, Texas, has grown from their "suburban" beginnings into a beacon for gospel proclamation in the heart of "uptown" Houston's Galleria area. The church has evolved with the city for over fifty years and is thriving more than ever.
The new expansion, dedicated on the 7th of September, while being a significant structure, is a thoughtful response to the architectural character of the site. The new facility has provided for much needed space while retaining the history and memories associated with the site. Situated on a five acre site, the expansion adds over 22,000 square feet of fellowship, music, educational and administrative space.
Memorial Lutheran Church and School was recently awarded the 2008 Triennial Lutheran Church Extension Fund Art and Architecture LCMS Educational FacilityLarge Award for the successful facility expansion.
Ziegler Cooper Architects recently celebrated their 30th anniversary and has four studios Work Place, Living Place, Learning Place and Worship Place. A partial listing of the firm's recent Worship Place projects include Clear Lake United Methodist Church in Clear Lake, Texas; Central Baptist Church in Deer Park, Texas; Trinity Baptist Church in Katy, Texas; Spring Branch Presbyterian Church in Houston, Texas and The Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart in Houston, Texas.