In a Gallup study released in May, Americans described the current state of moral values in the U.S. as alarmingly bleak, specifically singling out dishonesty among government and business leaders and a continuing moving away from religion/church/God. The dismal ratings rank among the worst since Gallup began measuring this phenomenon nearly a decade ago.
It is against this backdrop that Willow Creek Association has invited some of the top leaders in the business, church, literary, sports, and economic fields to discuss not only the moral quagmire but to also provide inspiration and motivation for those with leadership abilities or responsibilities.
The Global Leadership Summit 2010, is a growing annual gathering of 120,000 church and business leaders in more than 350 cities worldwide. The Global Leadership Summit, which originates from Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, Ill., will be beamed live via satellite to 170+ locations in North America, Thursday and Friday, Aug. 5–6, and will be videocast to an additional 182 cities worldwide in the fall.
Among this year’s speakers are: Jack Welch (via videocast), former General Electric CEO, once named one of the three most admired business leaders in the world; Tony Dungy, former Super Bowl-winning coach of the Indianapolis Colts; Jim Collins, nationally acclaimed business thinker and author of the perennial best-seller, Built to Last; Zhao Xiao, a leading Chinese economist whose in-depth studies revealed that a solid moral foundation allows economies to flourish.
Some of the other speakers will include:
· Bill Hybels – International leadership expert, presidential counselor, founder and senior pastor of Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, Ill.; author of Courageous Leadership and Axiom: The Language of Leadership.
· T.D. Jakes – Senior pastor of the 30,000-member The Potter’s House in Dallas, TX. Named by TIME magazine as one of the “25 Most Influential Evangelicals in America.”
· Andy Stanley – Best-selling author and senior pastor of North Point Community Church in Alpharetta, GA, one of the nation’s largest and most innovative churches.
· Terri Kelly — (via videocast) President and CEO of the multi-billion dollar W.L. Gore & Associates, makers of Gore-Tex® fabric, and continually named on lists of “the best places to work.”
· Daniel H. Pink – Business thinker, former White House speechwriter, and author of the best-selling Drive, which explores the science of motivation.
For a complete list of speakers and for information about local satellite sites and registration for The Global Leadership Summit 2010, visit www.willowcreek.com/summit or call (800) 570-9812. The Willow Creek Association (WCA), host of the annual Leadership Summit, is a growing multi-denominational worldwide network of 10,000 churches from 90 denominations and 45 countries. The not-for-profit WCA equips churches and church leaders with strategic vision, training, and resources.